Great Workout Programs

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Try something new - Budokan beginning practice

Good morning!

I’ve decided I’m going to stay sick all winter, but despite it I got a lot of crocheting done yesterday.  That’s my way of saying I made cat toys.  Smile

Anywho, this morning I got in almost 10 minutes of yoga before wanting to die.  Doing yoga got me thinking about budokan.  One of the best workout videos I have is the Budokan Beginning Practice by Cameron Shayne, a black belt in martial arts.  It’s brilliant!

Shayne combines martial arts, yoga, and meditation.  In the little pamphlet that comes with it, Shayne explains the combo like this:

“Yoga develops power through stillness and space.  Martial arts develops power through explosive movement.  Mediation develops power through concentration.”

This combination and it’s results are why monks it.

Sometimes, in fact, I think most of the time, you find kickboxing, and various other forms of “marital arts” for a workout done by people who aren’t qualified.  In other words, they took a few martial arts classes and now they know it all.

Truth is, martial arts is so much more than kicks, punches and blocks.  It’s about a way of seeing life.  I get really frustrated when I see today’s version of martial arts.  Kids get a black belt in a couple years because their parents paid a fortune.  In other words, they bought their kid a black belt.

I grew up in the old school.  I’m lucky I even have a brown belt, because they weren’t given out on a whim.  You had to earn it through more than performing movements.

Anyway, that’s why I love the budokan workout.  It focuses more on what martial arts is compared to what the others do. 

So, there you have it!  If you want a change in your regular workout – this is so the way to go!  Give it a shot!  The vid only costs around $8.00 and totally worth the experience.

Enjoy, and let me know what you think when you pick it up.  And as always – pass it on!  Smile  Click here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment