Great Workout Programs

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Self Myofascial Release: The solution to working out those achy muscles.

Have you ever noticed that after a good workout, whether running, walking, cycling, or with weights (body or other), your muscles get sore and stiff.  Sometimes it happens regardless of whether you stretch before and after your workout.

Heck, when I think about it, I don’t need to even workout without my stiff neck, feet, or back getting sore.  Smile That’s why years ago, mom bought me a shiatsu massager.  She got tired of listening to me grumble, and hoped it’d help me with my migraines.

This isn’t the model I have.  This is the new and improved version.  Mine’s effective, but far from comfortable.  Waaay far from comfortable – but!  It’s effective.

Anyway, the downside is if you’re in a place without electric you’re a goner.  So I switched to a tennis ball.  I’ve experimented a lot with it, and it’s a pretty decent substitute.

I’ve learned some new myofascial release techniques this week from my friend Scott Tousignant.  He has 9 videos showing more ways to release muscle tension. 

They’re really great videos, and totally worth checking out!  Click here.

So, what do you guys do to relieve tension? 

By the way, if you’ve found this post helpful, how about sharing it with your friends!  Smile

 

No comments:

Post a Comment