Great Workout Programs

Sunday, November 10, 2013

How does caffeine effect workouts?

I was just reading a comment someone made on facebook about staying away from caffeine.  The conversation was about illness, and of course caffeine is said to “dehydrate” a person, which is the last thing you want when you’re sick.

So, my mind switched to caffeine and workouts.  Talk about a world divided.  Once more I’m in the middle of an argument between those who think caffeine is the 7th evil of the universe, and those who swear by it’s benefits.

This was my top choice from all the articles I explored.  It’s logical and makes sense.  The article explains how caffeine works and answers the questions:

1.  When is the best time to drink a caffeinated beverage, before or after?

2.  What kind of coffee?  This one surprised me.  I never pay attention to how much caffeine is in it.  I didn’t know dark roast has less.

3.  How much should you drink?

Check it out and let me know what you think.  And don’t forget, if you like my post please share them with your friends.  They’ll thank you for it.  Smile

Workout Drinks: Preworkout and Postworkout Caffeine from Coffee ...

http://www.shape.com Tue, 10 Sep 2013 13:39:04 GMT

Will drinking coffee before a workout leave you energized from the caffeine or will it dehydrate you and hamper your workout? Learn the facts so you can get the most out of your morning workout!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment