Great Workout Programs

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The hunchback of Notre Dame

Let’s talk posture!  The subject is the bane of my existence.  My vision isn’t that great.  Neither my desk or seat are the height they should be, and so I do a number of different exercises to help keep my shoulders down, and exercises to strengthen my upper back, and core.

Anyway, the subject came up when I saw a friend of mine, Sara Lieb, who’s an ACE certified Group Fitness Instructor, had written an article on the subject. 

My first instinct was to slap her upside the head for writing on a subject that annoys me.  But, I sucked it up and went and read the thing.  I loved it.  That’s not a surprise.  Sara is an excellent writer.

Best of all, I passed her “hunched shoulders” test!  See if you can:

“Hunched shoulders – Try a little experiment. Stand up and take a pencil in each hand. Hold the pencils loosely at your sides. If your shoulders are back in the proper position, then the pencils should be straight at your sides. If your shoulders are rounded or hunched, then the pencils will be resting on the front of your body parallel with your thighs.” 

If you flunked it, you really need to read the article.  If you didn’t flunk it, you really need to read the article so you can tell folks you know why they need to start taking better care of the way they carry themselves.  Click here to read Upright vs Uptight!

PS:  If you enjoy the article, pass it on to your friends!  Leave a comment for Sara and tell her what you think.  Or email her!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment