Great Workout Programs

Friday, November 22, 2013

Picture challenge update podcast 1: Let’s Decapitate!

Decided to go back into podcasting again.  They’ll all be less than 5 minutes each.  Anyway,  I’ve included the show notes below for those who don’t want to listen to the podcast.  They’re not exactly verbatim, but pretty close.  Smile 

Leave your comments below and let me know your thoughts!  Click the pic to hear the podcast.

posture

 

I'll be doing mini-podcast updates over the next 30 of my experiment with Scott's idea that I found in a video a few days ago and posted here on the exercise blogger.

In case you missed the post, Scott's idea is to post lots of pictures everywhere, along with inspiration quotes, to bombard yourself with your fitness goals.  Keeping them insight at all times increases your ability to reach your goal.

So, that's what I'm putting action over the next 30 days and keeping you updated on my progress.

So, here's my goals:  Toned, reduce the body fat around my midsection, flexible, and my posture straightened back up.

I went for pictures from my Yoga Journal magazines.  The reason I did is because to me the yoga body is really what I'm striving for.

I'm not after the big muscle thing, or "Hi! Look at my bicep!" idea of fitness.  So anyway, it was a bit creepy cutting off heads, but after awhile you get used to it and it's kinda fun decapitating people.   Smile This is one of the pics that I  put on my laptop monitor. 

It’s my guilt pic.  The reason I named it that is because I switched back from using my fitness ball  to using a regular chair at my desk,  The result?  It killed my posture

For the record, I didn't switch on purpose, what happened was the kittens snuck through the door, and launched an all out attack on me. My fitness ball died.  It's the second one they've killed.  So I didn't want to inflate a third one for fear they'd kill it to.  So now they're all outside and my new fitness ball is safe.

Now, what happened when I put this pic up was this.  It woke me up and I saw what a real chair was doing to me.  For my health’s sake, I knew I had to go back to the fitness ball.  because let's face it, posture is everything.  It really is.  Why?  You can't breath properly without a good posture, and if if you're not getting enough oxygen then your energy level is affected,  your thinking is affected, and it makes you appear older than you are.

Say what?  If your skin cells aren't getting enough oxygen - they die.  That's why smokers look older than people who don't smoke.  Smoking reduces oxygen to the cells. 

So, that's where I am right now.  I'm sitting on my fitness ball, my core is engaged, and my posture is straight.

So, that's this weeks update, and I'll see ya later!  :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment