Great Workout Programs

Friday, August 9, 2013

FitDesk Semi-Recumbent Pedal Desk Product Review: One terrific bike desk

Something I’ve found to be totally off is when fitness instructors say that exercise without really focusing on what you’re doing is a waste.  You need to really be focused on the muscles you’re working out, etc.

It’s true, but that’s not what us desk rats are about when it comes to getting some exercise time in.  Like right now, I’m going to be sitting for about an hour and a half doing this product review.  I’m peddling with my under the desk bike as I research and watch videos of the FitDesk Semi-Recumbent Pedal Desk.  It feels good sitting here not being dormant at my desk.

True, I could sit here and just bounce my knees up and down and still burn up calories, but what I really want is to feel like I’m doing something other than burn calories fidgeting.  I want my heart rate up higher, even if it’s not rocking high. 

The workout I’m getting right now would be equivalent to walking or a casual ride through the park where I can adjust the tension as I’m going along.girl on fitdesk

The FitDesk is even better, and one I’d really love to have.  My under the desk bike is great, but the more I look at the FitDesk, the more I see the advantage of it over what I have.

First of all, you don’t have to worry about banging your knees into the desk.  Smile  On the other hand, your boss won’t care if you bring your under desk bike to work, whereas, he/she probably won’t be so keen on you bringing your FitDesk.

stamina in-motion elliptical trainer

On the other hand, (yes, I like that phrase), the FitDesk is awesome for anyone who works at home! AND!  Yes, AND!  Students!  College students in particular!  They have a known habit of gaining weight.  (I can relate to that one. I did.)

A Stamina In-Motion Elliptical Trainer would make a really good addition to their back to college gear.  It’s a small compact little bugger and won’t take up much space.  The only downside, is that it lacks the “cool” factor.  It screams middle-aged.

The FitDesk Semi-Recumbent Pedal Desk is pretty compact in and of itself.  It’s a mere 27 x 16 x 45 inches, and has the “cool” factor. 

The main thing that I’ve seen is that some folks don’t like is the seat.  Then again, I’ve never met a bike seat I’ve ever liked.  However, the newest edition of the FitDesk has a new and improved seat.  It’s bigger and more comfortable compared to the earlier editions. 

Amazon suggests a replacement seat from Schwinn, of which one consumer said not to do, because it won’t work. The stem post is too different.  So, bad idea. 

All in all, you really can’t go wrong with either one.  They’re two favourites among buyers, and that’s good news.

Price-wise, the FitDesk is only $249.00 with free shipping, and the Stamina In-Motion Elliptical Trainer is just $89.00 at amazon.com. 

Head over and check them out!  It’s a good investment not just for yourself, but your mate, and especially you kids who will be heading off to school.  You might not be there to watch what they eat, but you can at least provide them with a cool tool to help them keep the extra pounds off.  Open-mouthed smile

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment