Great Workout Programs

Monday, August 19, 2013

Good morning! I’ve got some healthy recipes to start the week!

I got this email from Craig, creator of Turbulence Training, yesterday.  Thought you guys might really enjoy it.  I made the better than ice cream last night.  Don’t have the protein powder, and used blueberries instead of the raspberries.  mmmm….

He included a couple more recipes: Portobello Mushroom Burger , and Paleo Pancakes.

Enjoy!  Smile


This is better than ice cream, and it's probably the only time I'll even encourage you to eat dessert for breakfast.

Now if you're like me, you probably love eating a big dinner. Most nights I have a large piece of fish or steak along with a mountain of vegetables. And then I follow that up with a cold, crisp apple.

But recently I've been experimenting with a new dessert, thanks to my friend and Certified Turbulence Trainer, Dani Woodrum, from Charleston, South Carolina.

Dani has become quite famous on the TT Member's forums for his "Dani Boy Dessert Bowls", as I call them. He's mastered the art of creating amazingly healthy sweet potato desserts that other TT Members are raving about.

Although what really caught my eye was his "Dani Boy Fro-Pro Dessert Bowl".

You see, up in my hometown of Toronto, you can't go a block without stumbling into a line-up for one of those Fro-Yo places. Of course, those places tempt you to cover your otherwise healthy snack in more candy than what a 7-year old brings home for Halloween.

So, inspired by Dani, I put together this incredible "Better Than Ice Cream" dessert bowl that I've been having a few times per week. And plain Greek Yogurt is so darn low in calories, I'd be surprised if this big bowl comes out to be more than 500 calories (and that's with a lot of pecans).

Here's the "Before" photo...

Ingredients of my "better than Ice Cream Bowl"
- Greek yogurt (half of that tub - about 200 grams)
- 2 scoops
BioTrust Milk Chocolate protein
- 1-2 tablespoons of organic, unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1-2 oz of pecans
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries (must be frozen to make it ice creamy...otherwise, put in freezer for 10 minutes - but I have NO patience for that...LOLz)

And the "After - It tastes better than it looks" photo...

A big thanks to Dani Woodrum for the idea.

But he didn't stop there.

He recently posted two more recipes on the TT Member's Forum that everyone is raving about...this time, it was a dinner burger and a healthy pancake dessert.

(And yep, ol' Craig the Kitchen Clutz is going to try and make the pancake for Sunday Brunch...watch out kitchen, here comes the clutz!!! Lulz)

Dani advertised this as "The Best Dinner Ever"...and here's what he wrote:

"I get home from a long day at the gym and boom - my girlfriend made an EPIC dinner. This one is for Craig, especially! She must have been inspired by your Portobello Mushroom Burger because here's the version she made:

  • 1 lb. lean ground beef
  • Onions, peppers, tomatoes
  • Avocado and arugula
  • Feta cheese
  • And 2 gigantic Portobello mushrooms for the bun
Broccoli, asparagus, and spinach as a side
And that's not all... I must have her trained well because she also had a tasty dessert prepared. (You know I love my desserts). It was a Paleo Pancake! I think Mikey "Pancakes" Whitfield, CTT, would be impressed.
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1/4 cup of almond milk
  • 1 scoop protein powder
  • ½ banana
Mix and cook in skillet for one large pancake!

Topped with:

  • 1 scoop nut butter
  • 1 large scoop greek yogurt
  • strawberries

Now that's good eating.

I will be back later this week with Dani's top workouts to burn belly fat fast, especially when you combine his unique exercises with his dangerously delicious fat loss recipes.

Eat well and lose fat,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer

 

Check out Craig’s workout plans for women.  If you want a tough interval training workout – Craig’s got it!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment