Great Workout Programs

Friday, October 4, 2013

Days 5 & 6: Challenge Burpees

Day 5:

Picked up a new fitness ball (kittens killed the other one), flat stretch bands, and an adjustable weight jump rope.  Smile  The jump rope was because Shawna’s Challenge Burpees program has it listed.

All the toys are Gold’s Gym, and since the adjustable weight jump rope gets a bad rap on ratings, I’ll be doing a video, yip, video review of it. 

Anyway, here’s my fitness journal entry:

  • 15 min Gazelle Edge
  • Lots of rope skipping & band work
  • No burpees

Right foot started hurting again on the Gazelle, and right knee is bugging me. [I’ve had problems with that foot ever since I dropped something heavy on it and landed myself in Urgent Care, earlier this year.]

Day 6:

  Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4
Skip rope

5

13

6

11

Burpees/with mtn climbers/no pushup

10
[mtn clmbr #, not # of burpees]

13

10

11

  Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4
Pull ups

1

2

1

1

Burpees (same as above)

10

10

10

10

So how does that work?  Skip rope, drop immediately into burpees.  Rest a minute after round 4, before starting next set.

Number under skip rope?  ROFL  That’s how many I made it to before mucking it up. 

It wasn’t super intense because I’m really tired, but what was important – I got in my workout, and I gave it my best.  Smile

Hope you had a great week, and got in some awesome workouts!  Make it a fun weekend!

--Yochana

 

PS:  If you haven’t had a chance to check out Shawna Kaminski’s Challenge Burpee, give it a look.  I’ve gotten in my first week, and I think it’s a pretty fantastic program.

You might also want to check out her blog.  She’s got lots of great stuff there!  Challenge Workouts.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment